Wednesday 3 February 2010

Quilting ....................

.......... is addicting!!
After 2 weeks of searching the web, playing about, almost throwing the thing thru the window - it's finished!!! YEAH!!
My love of Basic grey Eva helped a lot, oh and the colours! Although I've worked with fabric almost all my life I've never tried quilting.
Everything was going to plan until it came to stitching around the edge before starting to bind - I just couldn't get the bottom layer/backing to sit right :( no matter what I did & how many times I unpicked it & tried another way it wouldn't lay flat. So I finally gave in & phoned a friend - talking it thru we came up with the solution - trim all layers to size 'then' put the binding on! Yippeeee! it worked! Now it's finished I can't wait to start another, but this time do it the right way!!












All flat & crease free - pinned & ready for stitch-in-the-ditch!












My new machine armed with new 'ditch' foot & quilt - ready to go!
















Close up of the gorgeous colours!












All done & on the bed - even though it's quite plain for a handmade quilt & love it! :) I wanted it to look quite modern but still quilted if you know what I mean?
Natalie has asked me to make her one in black, white, cream & lime - yeah she wants it 'modern - modern' and large squares, so hopefully it will be super quick for me to make!

Oh, I have a page to show you too, I did this last week before I started the DT stuff & forgot to upload. I used the lovely Cosmocricket Nutmeg collection mixed with a bit of AC Loveletters chipboard, some machine stitching & lots of MM button brads that I've had for ages!
















Thanx for calling in, I'll be back soon with some sneak peeks of the March kit over at Sarah's it's such a gorgeous kit once again, if you subscribe then you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

FYI...I quilt said...

I really like that fabric collection as well! Your quilt is beautiful! Im glad that you stuck with it! I have felt like throwing my quilts out the window too...Great job! I hope to see more of your work!

Rachael Elliott said...

Cathy that quilt is gorgeous!! Love the page too.