Sunday 15 November 2009

What wonderful friends I have..........

.......... Kath & Elsie are so lovely! I went cropping with them yesterday & the gave me this little miss .........

While I was away with the DT last weekend they attended a class to make her & instead of doing their own dolls they made this for me! I was so shocked & delighted at the same time! I love her & my friends!! Thank you!




Here's what I got up to last week at the retreat .........















This was my one hour challenge layout - Sarah chose my photo's & three papers which I had to create with, I scrapping under pressure (and it was a bit of a rush for such a 'bare' page!!) but I'm pleased with the result!

















This one was quite a quick page to do, I used the lovely Lilybee 3 little birds Accent Rub-ons - gorgeous!! and embelished with some old SEI epoxy essentials. Love these photo's of Olivia!













Again I used the Lilybee papers & rub-ons, I added small brads for the little birdies tummies here (much better in real life!) and also used machine stitching to add a bit of texture.






























I wasn't very happy with this page last week so altered it a bit & added another to make it a double page spread at home! I used the gorgeous Basic Grey Lemonade papers, embellishments & doilie papers and a bit of hand stitching.

And finlly as promised, here's a couple of photo's of the houses I've been altering lately for christmas.............






























These are so much nicer in real life, they are covered in fine very sparkly glitter but it doesn't show in these pics!

Oh & before I go I'd just like to show you another project I done a couple of weeks ago ..........















This is a wall hanging that I did as a practice before I start on a full sized quilt. I've never quilted before & didn't want to throw myself right into such a huge project!! LOL I love the 'querkiness' of this little angel, such a cute little thing. Did you notice the fabric? It's Basic Grey Figgy Pudding - love it!!

Right I'm off now to watch I'm a celebrity! I'll be back tomorrow to upload a couple more LO's that I didn't get chance to photograph today with this awful dark weather!
Thanx for visiting!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Love your big house stunning, where did you purchase the blank from please?

Gertie said...

Ahh, Cath what lovely friends you have, the doll is great.
Love the houses,can't wait to see the finished house you started last weekend (was it really that long ago)
What a clever bird you are making that wall hanging.
Great layouts, love the finished double one.

S xx

Anonymous said...

Cathy you're so talented, these are just stunning. :)

Vanessa x