Sunday 25 April 2010

How many chipboard alpha's does a crafter need?

....... I thought I was doing good by using up the mounds of alphas in this room - didn't realise that I have to use the bloomin' negatives too!!!
Well, when I say I'm gonna do something, I stick to my word & do it! So over the weekend I've done another 2 layouts trying to do just that - here they are ............

A few photo's of DGD Olivia playing about on the stairs pulling faces thru the rails.
I trimmed the alphas here with my Woodware trimmer & scalloped blade then stripped off the shiny paper from each & painted with daubers to go with some scraps of Crate paper Baby Doll & used a couple of rub-ons here & there - oh & some Dymo tape too!
I'm not really fussed on this layout tho cos' I think it's way too busy!

Little Henry a while back dribbling whilst teething - how cute!!
For this I used Farm fresh by October Afternoon, found this hiding in the cortner the other day & thought I best get it used - well some of it anyway!
Can you believe I still have tons of these bloomin' alphas left, one thing I've learned is NOT to buy so many in future!!!

Thanx for your kind comments girls, hope you've had a lovely sunny weekend, we've got a wedding next week so it better be nice for that!!

Oh, Gertie asked if I'd finished my knitting project yet, I have about 5 more rows to do then I'll see the finished result ............. it's all on one circular needle now so just looks like a big lump! LOL I'll take photo's & upload if it's any good - if not then I'll take photo's of it in the bin! hahahaha!

See you soon!

ETA: just noticed the photo's are C**P ........ will try again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

great work cathy, cant wait to see your knitting x

Rachael Elliott said...

Just gorgeous Cathy and I love how you have used the chipboard negatives! Fab idea :)

Anonymous said...

They're fantastic Cathy. x