Friday 16 April 2010

Isn't life better with a bit of sunshine?

It's been gorgeous here again today & hopefully it'll last over the weekend!!

Right, I haven't really got anything exciting to talk about today apart from I've been scrapping quite a bit lately oh, and I've been knitting too!! I haven't knitted for soooooo many years but I saw the yarn in Hobbycraft a few weeks ago so I bought it thinking if I don't get on with it knit-wise then I'll crochet something instead.
Well, it took me over a week to find a circular needle first off & then once I started the pattern I soon realised that my tension was far too tight cos' it was turning out too small so I had to undo & start all over with a bigger size! :( good job it's done in superchunky!! LOL
Anyway, I've not got far to go & will be finished in the next few days so I'll upload once I'm done & tried it for size!

This is the yarn & pattern I'm doing, I'm doing it double cos' they didn't have the one I wanted - you've got to improvise if you can't get what you want eh??!!

Right here's a few photo's of some of the pages I've done too - can't show you them all yet but these will do for now! :)

This was Rachaels class at the retreat in Warrington last month, I've altered it slightly to work with my photo and I really enjoyed it, I loved the different techniques that were new to me - thanx hun ;)

This is Henry last year in Animal Kingdom, he was so scared of Balloo bear - bless him! I used the Cosmo Cricket Joyride for this, one of my new faves right now!!

This one is Olivia being guided thru the snow by her daddy last winter, here I've used Crate Cottage collection -

and another of her having a bit of a sulk in the garden!
I'm trying to use up my mountains of stash before I'm buried underneath it all!!!

I'm not able to upload anymore photo's to this post so I promise I'll come back tomorrow & share the rest of what I've done with you - honestly I will! :)

Thanx for visiting as always - those who come & check on me regularly must be very patient!!

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Nat said...

Ooh I wish I could knit!
Fab pages as always Cathy - especially love the Guiding Hand one - it's perfect :) xxxx